Saturday, May 07, 2011

? A room of her own ?

This was it. I had a room.....but it was only for a year. Now it belongs to my daughter.
We moved her in to this room and put "the art room" in her bigger room... about 6 months we moved it out and back to the family room where it started?! To tell you the truth all the whining I did in my head about having my own "room" seems funny. I like it better in the family room! I am still trying to put things away IN an organized fashion?! and Purging!!! Why do creative people keep everything, or start something new without finishing that other thing? Oh, how about keeping a project that will some day get finished.......only to realise that you didn't like whatever is was that made you put it away in the first place.....now it is those 80"s colors and it doesn't match anything...laughing so hard at myself! Now for real creating to Begin!! I got up this morning and was happy to see all my clutter, ribbon, buttons, "stuff" about this gathering room.

The Gathering Room....:)

My youngest has his own room now, which also gives my middle son his own room. This has given everyone a breeze of Independence!

Happy Mothers Day!

Wendy

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

Going thru your Post Archives... I can connect to this Post as well. For several years I gave up my Artistic Studio Cottage for our Son to come back Home and live in while he helped me take care of his Dad and the G-Kids we're raising. It was tough not having that separate space to Create in since my Creativity definitely is messy... I'm told that Creative Minds are messy, so it just must be part of the Process, I dunno? *LOL* Now I have my Art Studio Cottage back since The Son moved into a House of his own and I reclaimed my Space. But I do find that I sometimes still Create some things right here in the Main House anyway... and my Beautiful Mess just seems to be a Natural and accepted part of my Life. Dawn... The Bohemian

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...