Thursday, January 26, 2012

Whole Foods and Farmers







I feel the time has come for me to buckle down and blog I should.
I want to grow up to be like the other blog I follow, which a whole bunch!!

I want to tell you I am excited about a online class I'm taking starting Feb 6th. It is a whole foods/cooking/storing/menu planning
from scratch kind a thing! Ill post the link tomorrow but for now it is thought the blog Beauty that moves.

My other thoughts are about our food! and G.M.O., genetically modified food that is. It is scary, I feel sad, I feel I don't have a choice
and neither do the farmers that want to grow organic! This is a story everyone should follow.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/04/26/eveningnews/main4048288.shtml?tag=facebook

or watch this video, I did

I can cook, I can read, I learned to bake home made bread...without a bread maker..... you know what I really want
is to pop into my great grandma's kitchen back in Indiana, oh about 1910 and take notes on how she did things.Cooking over
a wood burning stove, had babies, cloth dippers, and don't forget about the out house and what did they use for toilet paper...
grandpa said the sears catalog and corn cobs, thunder mugs for that middle of the night urge!

What was the time frame for all the things, how long did it take to heat that stove to make the coffee or tea? How much meat did they eat,
I know she canned tons, raised chickens, baked bread, had 4 boys and a girl, and tons of family and their children over too! She made quilts
and clothes out of the cloth flour bags, and slept in the down stairs living room with her man for over 50 years!

I want to know. So my journey begins with the whole foods class and I want to keep up on the Monsanto and our Farmers,
and study more how the way things were done when it was real and organic and you did have to apply for a certificate.

Smiles
Wendy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...